Michael is a member of the executive committee at Gumbiner Savett Inc., and is the firm’s managing director. He has over 39 years of experience in business related accounting and tax matters. Michael has worked with numerous Los Angeles based law firms as an expert witness in various litigation matters such as: business interruption, damage and loss of earnings matters, partner and shareholder disputes, and misappropriations of funds by fiduciaries.
Michael has also assisted numerous clients over the years in restructuring and refinancing debt.
He has often spoken for the California Educational Foundation on succession planning and exit strategies with an emphasis on ESOP’s.
Michael’s leisure activities include golf and baseball card collecting. He is also a former board member of a privately held, not-for-profit day school in Northridge and served as treasurer of the school for 6 years.
- Audit & Financial Reporting for Privately Held Entities
- Litigation Support & Forensic Accounting
- Succession Planning & Exit Strategies
- Tax Planning & Compliance
- Apparel & Textile
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Real Estate
- California Board of Accountancy, Vice President, Legislative Committee and Chair of Committee on Professional Conduct, Board Member
- BKR International, Americas Region Board - Former Chairman
- Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce, Executive and Finance Committee, Board Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan Association, Member
- Pricing Your Product of Service For Maximum Value, April 2013
- Handing Off the Family Business, April 2013
- Retiring? Plan out Your Succession Plan, March 2012
- Succession and Estate Planning for a Fruitful Retirement, March 2012
- ESOPS - A Multifaceted Strategy for Your Manufacturing Business, January 2012
- Pace University, New York, NY, B.B.A., Accounting