Barbara is a senior tax shareholder at Gumbiner Savett Inc. and has more than 30 years of experience in the tax field; she has worked at both Arthur Andersen & Co. and Kenneth Leventhal & Co.
For most of her career, Barbara has worked with wealthy families and their businesses to help them meet their financial goals with specific emphasis on their tax situations. Her tax experience includes timing income recognition and deductions, maximizing available credits and other incentives, minimizing the international tax burden on cross-border activities, and structuring asset acquisition and dispositions as well as facilitating the transfer of wealth. Whether setting up a new entity or working with a client on their estate plans, Barbara never loses sight of her business and individual client’s goals and risk tolerance.
In addition to serving closely held businesses and high net worth families, Barbara has also worked with entertainment industry clients, public companies and not-for-profit institutions.
Barbara is active in both the business and the charitable community. In her free time Barbara enjoys hiking and traveling with her family.
- Tax Planning & Compliance Services
- Business Valuations
- Auto Dealerships
- E Commerce
- Privately Owned Companies
- Real Estate
- Wealthy Families
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants, First Vice President-Education Foundation, Member - State Nominations Committee, Past Member - State Council, Past President - Los Angeles Chapter
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, Member
- Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Business Peer Group, Member
- BKR International, Past Chair - North America Tax Committee
- California CPA Education Foundation, Trustee & Treasurer
- Women's Leadership Council, Member
- Golden Gate University School of Tax, Los Angeles Advisory Board
- The Mirman School of Gifted Children, Trustee & Vice Chair
- Wilshire Boulevard Temple, Budget Committee
- Proper Choice of Entity Will Help Your Business Optimize Tax Planning. April 2012
- A Little Business Called Facebook. April 2012
- Barbara Rosenbaum Addresses "Conquering Your Fears" at Teleseminar. January 2012
- Hermain Cain's 9-9-9 Tax Plan-Not as simple as you think. November 2011
- Searching for Better Tax Savings (Q&A), CPA Magazine, August 2011
- B.S., Accounting, Case Western Reserve University
- CVA, National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts